It's always good to pause and look back on what God is doing throughout our network of churches. Today, we'd like to welcome Hub Leader, Bryant May to the blog to share some highlights about The Exchange.
"The Exchanged launched in August of 2012 in Pearl, MS. During our 3 years of ministry we have seen God do some incredible things. God has given us great favor in the schools and city of Pearl. Below are some things we saw God do in 2014:
- 150 gifts and notes given to Pearl police & fire personnel
- 80 jr. high & high school students attend our GLOW back-to-school party
- 550 gifts given to Pearl School district employees
- 20 families provided with a full Thanksgiving meal through our thanksGIVING opportunity
- Hundreds of people served through our partnership with the Mayor's Easter Egg Hunt and our Treats & Eats opportunity
- Launch of our new LittleLIFE (preschool) space
- 24 people baptized in 2014 (55 people baptized since launch
One story we are currently celebrating is a family in our church who has made an investment in an elementary aged neighbor. This family invited the girl to church and then brought her multiple times because her mom was working. After a couple of months, the girl's mom began bringing her, but would just drop her off and return home. A few months later the girl's mom actually came to our Sunday Gathering! That morning in our KidLIFE experience the girl indicated a desire to make a decision to follow Jesus.
After that, the girl's mom and grandparents all came to our Sunday Gathering. As the day centered around the idea of God's grace, the girl's grandfather was moved to make a decision to follow Christ. This has been an incredible picture of how God can move through an obedient family making an investment and the faith of a child to invite her family.
We are continually looking ahead, but learned to not look too far ahead without closely listening and looking where God is leading us. We have recently added on even more kids space, are planning to launch two Sunday services in August, and are continually exploring how to plant deeper roots in the schools and city through serving and reaching out with the love of Jesus."
Thank you so much for sharing, Bryant! You can check out The Exchange on their website.